We are hiring!
Do you like working with kids and making a difference in the community? Swift Youth Foundation is a local nonprofit organization that provides free after school programming for youth in need. We are looking to grow our team! Learn about current open position(s) and how to apply below.
Disclaimer: Position Description is not meant to encompass all aspects of position; other duties may be required.
Swift Youth Foundation provides the young people we serve with an abundance of opportunities otherwise unavailable to them, such as afterschool and overnight camp experiences and peer mentor relationships. More than a camp, Swift offers year-round mentoring programs that pair economically disadvantaged youth with college-bound high school students; a powerful alliance that turns both the campers’ and counselors’ worlds right side up. Year-round afterschool and summer programs incorporate the development of essential life skills such as character building, leadership training, goal setting, and teamwork.
The Program Manager’s responsibilities include coordinating the schedules and logistics of all Swift Youth Foundation programs throughout the year: Swift After School, Club Swift Jr, Swift Outdoors, Club Swift, Team Swift and any other programs that we develop. In addition, this role coordinates and runs Camp Swift in Prescott for two separate weeks during the summer.
Education and Skill Requirements
We are looking for a creative, flexible, super organized, energetic team-player to provide leadership, direction, and supervision of our programing. Key experience and requirements include:
- Previous nonprofit or school program management experience
- Prior engagement working with volunteers or personal volunteerism
- Minimum undergraduate college degree
- Excellent computer, verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership, negotiation and management skills
- Must be willing to learn and take on additional responsibilities when required
- Able to stand and walk, ability to lift up to 30 pounds of equipment
- Manage curriculum, content and logistics planning of year-round afterschool, out of school and summer camp programs
- Collaborate with ED on development of school district and community partner relationships, manage contracts/agreements and related deliverables
- Supervise part-time staff, volunteer recruitment and training for all programs, including scheduling of staff and volunteer support
- Compile and document all volunteer/staff and camper/student registrations and waivers
- Update databases with all participant, volunteer, supporter and donor data
- Schedule summer tours of camp for donors, supporters and community partners
- Coordinate the summer tech support and rentals (phone, copier, internet)
- Oversee procurement for all programs including reservations, services and supplies
- Update and publish year-round master calendars, update website
- Update SWIFT website content and registration pages
- Develop content and post SWIFT social media; manage photography archives
- Assist ED in drafting some grant content related to program descriptions and metrics
- Other duties might be added or changed depending on the person’s skills and organization needs.
Compensation and PTO
- Full-time exempt position
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Work hours do include occasional early evening and weekend work
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Generous PTO
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to: HR@swiftyouth.org
Swift Youth Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.